Horse Property for Sale in Reno
Locate the perfect horse property in Reno NV. This page is updated daily with Reno real estate listings that are zoned for horses. Many of these listings will be adjacent to or near BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land which allows for excellent trail riding. All Reno horse property listings are updated daily from the same MLS (multiple listing service) used by Reno REALTORS. More tips and suggestions for Reno horse properties.
Reno Horse Property Listings
152 Search Results Found. Showing Results 121 - 135.
Must see beautiful home! Very open floor plan which allows a ton of natural light into the home. Beautiful two tone paint through out. Stunning great room with vaulted ceilings, cathedral style windows with expansive mountain views. The kitchen is gorgeous! Old world style cabinets, with island and large slider are perfect for your entertaining needs. This is a must see home.
More Details on MLS#140016030
This comfortable home is located on a corner lot high enough on the hill to have good views and plenty of privacy. Owner is presently upgrading the whole house. Come see this large 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage house with an acre plus of land.
More Details on MLS#140015979
Area:Reno-Red RockStatus:Price Raised
This home is being sold "as is" . There is a 504 sf. garage conversion not permitted and is not on the assessor tax roll. of the house. Out building for horses. The property is fully fenced on the property line. Propane tank holds 1000 gallons and is owned by the property. Septic inspection is done. Tank size is 1000 gallons and in good working order. Water and well inspections are completed New filtration. All in good condition. The total SF is 1960. SELLER WILL LOOK AT ALL OFFERS.
More Details on MLS#140010712
Area:Washoe ValleyStatus:Active/Pending-Short Sale
Country living where pets and children are free to roam. Only 15 mins. from Reno. The master suite is huge with an abundance of closet space. The garage is insulated and there is a shed & outbuilding waiting for animals, tools & toys. The fruit trees are waiting for harvest. Buyer to verify all information.
More Details on MLS#140011040
Nicely upgraded home in a quite established neighborhood. Home features a spacious eat in kitchen, with island bar, Jenn-air professional range, all stainless steel appliances and oversized pantry. Living room has a wood burning fireplace with gas start and insert blower that doubles the heat output, sliding glass door to back yard. Just at a half acre, concrete RV pad, room for all your toys and your horses too. 40 year roof installed in 2004, Central air, elytro-static furnace filter,
More Details on MLS#150001750
Excellent opportunity for a home on 40 acres!! incredible views all directions. New carpet and paint inside.
More Details on MLS#150000656
Come enjoy the quiet neighborhood at the end of a Cul-de-Sac. Plenty of room for your horses or toys. RV access. Level back yard is a blank slate for anything you wish to do. New roof, new garage doors, new well that was drilled down to 420 feet, new well pump, new water heater, and now just waiting for a new owner!
More Details on MLS#140015452
This home has FRESH paint and BRAND NEW carpet! This home is full of character! Sitting on a .96 acre lot with outbuildings, there is plenty of space! Home features a bonus room that has a wet bar, offering a great spot for entertaining! This home is filled with potential, don't miss out!
More Details on MLS#150000479
Area:Reno-Hidden ValleyStatus:Active/Pending-Short Sale
This single level home sits on a private acre in Hidden Valley. Beautiful landscaping and curb appeal. This home features an enormous living room, a spacious master suite with enclosed sunroom (not included in square footage), and a large bonus room with closet currently used as a second master. Sunroom and master suite function as complete in-law quarters with a second full kitchen and living area. Buyer to verify all info. Agents, please see private remarks.
More Details on MLS#140008433
Off the grid, LOG CABIN. 1 bed, 1 1/2 bathroom, loft can be 2nd or 3rd bedroom, maybe even another bathroom. VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS, privacy, self contained. Approx. 150 gal of propane per year runs the fridge, insta hot, heat & stove.Solar does the rest. Newer batteries, 2 car over sized detached garage, 3000 gal holding tank for water, an additional tank for landscaping. 240 ft well, 70' static level, Gid (road maintenance) in tax bill of 164.23/yr 2 racks of solar panels. fenced & irrigated garden.
More Details on MLS#150000732
Area:Reno-South SuburbanStatus:Active/Pending-Short Sale
This is a short sale and subject to short sale lender approval. There is a ton of potential here. There is a lot of debris scattered about the property and a huge shed that has a lot of possibilities. The value is in the land.
More Details on MLS#150000456
Rural living at its best. 40 acres, mostly fenced, multiple outbuilding. Plus a huge 3 car detached garage/woorkshop. Bring the critters. Needs some work but the bones are good. Loaded with opportunity.Agents! Special procedures & Important Information for all offers in Extended, Private Remarks & Attached Documents. Incentives MAY be available for both buyers and agents. Please go to HomePathcom for details and request any available incentive on page 6
More Details on MLS#140011678
Area:Reno-Silver KnollsStatus:Active/Pending-Short Sale
Secluded home in Silver Knolls! Home sits on just over an acre, Mature Trees all around for your added privacy. Property is in need of work. Short sale Subject to Lien holder approval. Please allow 24 hour notice for showings.
More Details on MLS#140015660
Very well maintained!! Great views!! Backs up to open area. Granite in the kitchen. Large pantry. Pellet stove. Pavers in the back patio.
More Details on MLS#150001818
Fixer upper with lots of possibilities. 2 bedroom, 1 bath home sits on 1-acre of land. Zoned for horses. Has 3 storage sheds. Property is being sold "AS-IS". Property is being held under guardian trust. Offer accepted after two weeks of posting private sale in newspaper. Property is located in flood plain. Sale needs court approval. May be subject to overbid.
More Details on MLS#150001904
© 2015 Northern Nevada Regional MLS, Inc. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Northern Nevada Regional MLS, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Broker/Owner: CalNeva Realty - Mitch Argon are marked with the Broker Reciprocitysm logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. The broker providing this data believes it to be correct but advises interested parties to confirm the data before relying on it in a purchase decision. Information last updated on 2015-02-28 09:50:01.
Summary of Popular Reno Areas with Horse Property
There are many areas in and immediately near Reno that offer the space and types of properties for horse lovers and equestrian riders. Some of these horse friendly areas will offer a location that is more convenient to "in town" amenities while others offer easy and direct access to riding trails without the need to trailer your horses for riding and enjoyment. Below are some links to specific areas in/near Reno that are popular and desirable for horse properties and homes:
Useful Tips for Selecting a Horse Property to Purchase
When looking to purchase a home zoned for horses or a complete equestrian property, consider the following as part of your decision:
- Think Ahead - Make sure to think about how you want to expand the number of horses and/or facilities such as additional corrals, training areas such as round pins, or more barns and outbuildings for additional hay/feed storage or tack rooms on your property over the next several years. You may also want to consider certain business aspects such as boarding horses for others in the community. Don't stop the thinking on your own parcel however! If the property you are looking to purchase could be surrounded by non equestrian properties or traditional neighborhoods, you may find yourself the "odd man out". Check surrounding vacant parcels and try to get a feel for the development trend for the next several years.
- Rain and Flooding - There are many highly localized flood zones in our region. You want to make sure that your property is not going to be a shallow lake or your horse facilities flooded during times of rain or snow meltoff. Consider the topography of the parcel as well to ensure facilities and infrastructure are ideally on higher ground if you may be subject to flooding.
- Water Availability - If your horse property requires a pasture, you will want to gain a keen undersanding of how much water (or water rights) are deeded to the property and how you will share this water resource based on priorities with others using the same water resources. In our region, we have two primary types of water rights: ditch (or surface) water rights and underground water rights. The ditch rights are generally less desirable and less valuable as they are more immediately impacted during a drought year.
- Access to Riding Trails - If you want the flexibility to trail ride without the need to trailer up the horses, you should consider properties that are near or adjacent to BLM (Bureau of Land Management) or USFS (US Forest Service) acreage.
Horse Properties for Sale in Cities Near Reno
If you are considering horse property in other cities of Northern Nevada and are not familiar with the region, you may want to look over listings of horse properties for sale in nearby cities below:
If you have any questions or need further help, please feel free to call us at 800-305-3015. We are happy to help!
Related Reno Real Estate Information
- Search Reno MLS (more search options)
- Browse Reno Homes by Google Map (interactive)
- Recent Reno home sold prices (and nearby communities)
- Recent Reno real estate trends (and nearby communities)