Home Seller ServicesMore Options ▼
Depending on local market conditions, selling a home can be a significant undertaking. Most home sellers are looking for maximum net proceeds "in the pocket" in the "shortest time". This page has information that will help you understand key aspects to selling a home and best using our services.
Real Estate and the Internet
If it's been several years since the last time you sold a home, things have changed! As a prospective home seller, you should carefully read the following data which was compiled by the California Association of REALTORS® (CAR) in 2006. You may be thinking "My home is in Nevada - why should I care about the California Association REALTORS®?". Keep in mind that most of our population growth is from California so this information is probably more relevant to you than if it were from the Nevada Association of REALTORS®.
- In 2006, 70% of people said that they used the Internet as an important part of their home-buying and selection process. In 2000, only 28% said they did.
- In 2006, 86% of home buyers started using the Internet as part of their process BEFORE they started looking for a specific home; the other 14% did after they started looking, but before contacting any real estate agents. This means that 100% of home buyers surveyed started looking at homes on the Internet before even contacting a real estate agent.
- In 2006, "Internet" home buyers previewed an average of only 6.7 homes with their agent before selecting a home because they had already eliminated the ones they did not want to see from their Internet research.
- In 2006, The average approximate distance between previous residence and new residence for an Internet home buyer was 242 miles.
- In 2005, 24% of home buyers first found the home they eventually purchased on the Internet; up from 2% in 1997. Contrast this with the fact that in 2005, only 5% of home buyers first found their home in a print ad (newspaper, magazine, etc.); down from 8% in 1997.
Net Result: For maximum success selling your home today, you need to ensure your home will get MAXIMUM EXPOSURE on the Internet. In addition, your home must "show well" online with a well written description and multiple compelling color photographs (inside, outside, views, adjacent parks, etc.).
We deliver outstanding service in the basic areas (this you should expect from any local agent who is a dedicated, full time professional) such as:
- Pricing - Reviewing recent comparable home sales to help you set a supportable price.
- Staging - Recommending staging professionals to assist you with preparing your home.
- Home Protection - Enrolling your home into a "Home Warranty Protection Plan" to give you the same coverage (while your home is listed) that a home buyer will recieve after the purchase.
- Marketing Materials - Preparing color flyers with multiple photos and compelling marketing copy.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) - Entering your home with multiple color photos into the MLS for all local agents to search.
- Local Agent Exposure - Showing your home to local agents on Broker/MLS Tours, preparing and distributing announcements to over 500 local real estate professionals for "JUST LISTED" and any other key status changes.
- Communication - Keeping you informed with periodic status updates on showing activity and feedback during the listing period.
- Contract Negotiation - Helping you to maximize your objectives through careful contract and pricing reviews and effectively preparing counter offers.
- Escrow Coordination - Working you through the process of inspections, repairs, and coordinating the lenders, escrow, and home warranty professionals to a smooth closing.
Our Unique Internet Marketing Benefits
- One Click from Google, MSN, Yahoo! - As a featured listing on FreeNevadaMove.com, you will be one click away from people who are using Google to find real estate in Greater Reno-Tahoe communities. Yes - FreeNevadaMove.com gets top rankings (page 1) for the most popular local real estate search terms.
- Featured Listing on FreeNevadaMove.com - Every day, over 2,000 active buyers who look at local real estate listings on our site. Your home will get maximum exposure as a "featured listing" (over the other 5,000 homes that are listed) to all of these potential buyers.
- Local Reno-Tahoe Real Estate Sites - We will ensure that your home is available with multiple color photos on all Greater Reno-Tahoe real estate web sites that display MLS listings - this includes all offices (and agents) from RE/MAX, Coldwell Banker, Century 21, Dickson Realty, and more!
- REALTOR.com - We will place your home on the most highly visited real estate web site in the world.
- Yahoo! and MSN - We will ensure your home is entered onto Yahoo! Real Estate and MSN Real Estate.
If you would like to take advantage of the services and benefits discussed above, please call or complete the form below to start the process. We'll be happy to help!